Yoga for Meditators Giveaway!
We’re pleased to announce the release of a new book by one of our bloggers, Charlotte Bell, Yoga for Meditators, published by Rodmell Press. If you’ve ever struggled with your body in sitting meditation, because of tight hips, quads and hamstrings; sore neck and shoulders; back pain; nervous agitation or sleepiness, this book is for you.
The good news is we’re giving away three signed copies this week. Here’s how to enter:
- Blog: Leave a comment here telling us why you meditate, or if you don’t practice meditation yet, why you’d like to start.
- Facebook: Go to our Facebook page and answer the same question.
- Twitter: Go to Twitter and answer the question, “How often do you meditate?”
We will choose a Twitter winner on Wednesday, a Facebook winner on Thursday and a blog winner on Friday. Feel free to enter all three ways.
The book contains four sections:
- Taking a Seat: The most common issues that arise in sitting and how to alleviate them, including finding the most structurally sound position for your spine
- Yoga Poses for Sitting Meditation: Asana to establish the base, awaken the spine, soften the shoulders and quiet the body/mind.
- Practicing Yoga: Sequences for calming agitation, increasing energy, opening the hips, relieving stress, easing the lower back and for during the moon cycle.
- Alternate Meditation Postures: Other traditional meditation positions—walking, standing and lying—with ways to settle into each.